Having any questions about winged or furred small game answered, my thoughts turned to big game. Where I hunt up North, there is a chance you could bust a deer in thick cover while walking to a stand. Being confident with it as a scoped rifle, I wondered what she would do with buckshot and slugs. So I dusted off some old "Imperial" (that's an old Canadian ammo company for you Yanks) buckshot shells in "SG"

I grabbed a couple slugs too...two being really old and one modern Federal I had kicking about.

The buckshot was tested at 30 yards from a rest on a deer sized target. It pattered low as I was holding on the heart. I am sure it would knock one down easily at that range especially if you held a little up on the lungs.

With the slugs at 50M, she proved to be a big disappointment however...

I found it interesting that the barrels seemed to be regulated even though they were both way off target. I wonder if the right slugs, perhaps Brennekes, would hit better. Regardless, I don't need them, I can just use the rifle!

SO, I know its been a bit of an epic here, but that's where I am at now. Future plans include loading dies in an effort to fine down that grouping, and I think she has earned herself a nice leather covered case.

I have a line on a 16ga 410'r insert too...can never have too much versatility right?