Originally Posted By: Gerald A. Mele
I am a dbl gun addict, a hunter, an engineer and a fully licensed ffl and a Californian

Typically I hate the vitriol toward CA. Recently one of my favorite wholesaler, Zanders Sporting goods sent out a letter suspending deliveries to CA because of some stupid Prop 65 (hazardous) warning labels. I know Zanders will work it out. I mad at the terrible comments on facebook from all of the people who hate me and other Californians and think no one in the industry should do business in CA. I have seen examples here too over the years. For all please read the following I posted in reply (after calling the morons, exactly what they are).... Think about this before you refuse to sell a gun to CA...We must all fight the battle together!

My Post:
Sorry for calling some of you guys morons… that does no good. You all need to understand….
The major geographical portion of CA is conservative and for a lot of us our business revolves around agriculture. We are people just like you guys. We vote conservative, we go to church, we love our God and Guns, we hunt, fish and enjoy the outdoors…..just like you! I personally spend about 40 days hunting each year and another 25+ days shooting Clays. There are a lot of people just like me (and you) here.

We are stuck with a population base in the Bay area that is tech based and liberal, yet the remainder of CA feeds the nation.

All of you who do not want to send guns or do business with CA are hurting the people that have the same values as you do…. Yet you all buy cell phones from apple, software and computers developed in CA and watch movies produced by the liberals in CA. I am not asking you to stop buying tech, just asking you to remember that we need support too.

I am a member of SCI, DU, and a NRA patron. I was the vice president of the CA Side by Side Society. For years I used my FFL for free to support these organizations at fundraisers. In addition, I once was a director of the California Waterfowl Association. Over the past 30 years I have been directly responsible or involved in raising over 2 million dollars for these organization. How many of you can say that?

So, please temper your comments about the other people in CA, think about it before you refuse to support people just like you…while your texting or checking facebook on your Liberal profit-making device.

Good Hunting and Shooting to all!

Jerry

We have the exact same problem here in NY. I feel your pain. NYC does the same for us. They control Albany and are responsible for the stupid Safeact and every other liberal idea or law we have. I’ve been all around the country and wouldn’t want to live anywhere else. We have such a variety. The Adirondacks, Catskills, Lake Ontario, and my favorite the Fingers Lakes. We have awesome fishing, hunting and any other outdoor sports. I hate when I tell people I’m from NY and they automatically think the city. It’s a shithole and I’ve only been there once. Don’t care to go back. We need to separate!!!!

So I will always do business with California. I’ve had the same response. People see NY and don’t want to deal with us either.