After following this tread for a while I will put my 2 cents worth in. I am 84 and havelived here for most of my life, I seen this state change from a conservative state to the monster it is now. It really all started in the 60s when the courts decided that our 2 house legislature should be based on population; originally the assembly was population based and the senate was 1 senator from each county, this worked as a counter balance to keep things equal. Then it seems like every one was moving here and living mainly in the large cities, so we became more liberal. When the liberal politicians had control they gerrymandered the legislature districts to maintain their control. Then came the influx of legal and illegal people and more liberalization. Now it seems that anytime we have a problem a new law is passed to solve it (usually it just makes it worse) as a result it becomes more difficult to do business in this state and many are beginning to move to other states. Agriculture is also having its problems, An appointed water board is trying to take 40% of the water used for irrigation in the San Joaquin Valley and send it to the ocean, supposedly to help the salmon population. It dose'nt matter that this valley is one of the most productive agricultural areas in the world. Many think that it is really to replace the northern water that governor moombeam wants to send to Los Angeles. The lesson is don't think this cannot happen to you, a good example is Arizona, all you need to do is look at the Pheonix area to realize that it is beginning to happen there, soon their population will be a majority if it is not already and the influx of people that want something for nothing will drive politics. There is a proposal to divide California into 3 states but that will never happen, the central and northern part of the state has most of the food and water, the southern and San Francisco areas have mostly people and very little water or food. I am sure many would like to leave but are like me, trapped with what I have worked all my live for and in reality no place to go. What really bothers me most is what this country will be like in 50 or 100 years. It's sad that the great experiment will have failed but I am glad I won't be here when it does.

Last edited by james-l; 09/02/18 04:57 PM.

I learn something every day, and a lot of times it's that what I learned the day before was wrong