Wound up the early dove season yesterday afternoon. As hurricane Florence pushed it's way inland past us through South Carolina, we had temps in the upper 70s, light rain, and winds gusting to about 30 mph. Just the right conditions for an afternoon of great sport with doves!! grin

Decided to take the Westernfield/Browning 20 that I bought from Lloyd last year. I had shot a few clays with it, and replaced the bead to help get the pattern down a little lower (which worked perfectly), but it had been sitting waiting. I promised Lloyd it would see dove fields, so I decided yesterday was the time to fulfill that.

The birds were flying very high and fast. The leads it took on some were just phenomenal. I remember seeing what looked like 8-9 feet on several that I scratched down. The modified choke, with 1 oz. shot, worked great. We went too late. The field owner said we would take the field at 3. We should have been there at 12:30. I know the birds fed early because of the impending weather, but before it was over the little pumpgun managed 13 down. I paused for a break to snap this poor pic. Sorry for the quality of it, but I had something else on my mind. wink

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 09/16/18 08:47 AM. Reason: sp.

May God bless America and those who defend her.