Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
Stan, I have a hard time with the abortion issue.

I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck, or short with you when I say this, but there's really only one decision you have to make to clear it all up, assuming that you believe that all human life is sacred and is to be protected. That decision is this..................does life begin at conception, or sometime afterwards? The most extreme opposite stance is that an unborn baby is not a person until they exit the mother's womb, and thus have no rights.

I believe that life begins at conception, not at some arbitrary time after that. I also believe the Word of God is true and infallible, that the Scriptures were authored by the Holy Spirit, and written down by many different inspired men. Once I settled the fact that the Word is all true, and contains no mistakes or errors, I then had to make one choice, whether or not to believe it for myself. If I believe it, which I do, I then have to live by it with all my strength, and aided by the Holy Spirit.

When you settle this within yourself, the dividing line is clear. I choose to honor and protect all life, even that of those I vehemently disagree with, because that life is God-given.

Best, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.