Skeetx,
Mike,
I know what you mean about the 12 ton shop press, I went through all that learning about making cases for my 11.15x 51R, without cutting my few 43 Mauser cases( reduced 8x50R Lebel and blew it out, added rim to 7mm mag after turning belt off). That exercise showed me the easiest way is to move the rim on 45-70 to approximate the MB. I helped my cousin make 43 Mauser cases the same way, but with 45-90 cases. It dawned on me during all that, that 45-90 cases should work very well for 43 Spanish by simply adjusting the rim to fit the rifle, if required. I haven't tried it yet, because I have a quantity of Original 43 Spanish cases. I should try it, seeing that my Spanish cases are folded head and Berdan primed. BTY 45-90 cases should make fine 44-77 Remington cases, the same way as 43 Spanish. The 348 case is the "school solution" donor case for several cases that are now better served with other donors. When Askins wrote his book, many cases were not available and he selected 348, because it was the best choice at that time( it still is, for some cases).
Mike