About 15 years ago on a quail hunt in southern Arizona, I killed three rattlers in one day. The first one surprised the hell out of me when I was moving some brush with my left hand to clear a place to sit and he turned out to be one of the branches I was moving, jumped back about five feet and shot him with my right hand. I was so jittery for the rest of the day that I picked my path very carefully and still came up on two more. They were probably Western Diamondbacks. I think I have seen only one Mojave Green, and that is enough.
Quote:

The Western Diamondback rattlesnake, Crotalus atrox, is the most common species. They are difficult to see; "they blend in very well."
The most venomous rattlesnake in North America is the Mohave, Crotalus scutulatus," also called 'Three-Steppers' and 'Greenbacks.' Mohaves and Western Diamondbacks are "the two main snakes you are going to run across." "The Mohaves have a neurotoxic venom ... twenty times more toxic than the actual Western Diamondbacks." The Mohave "contributes to the most fatalities" in the Southwest. They are a "very secretive and non-aggressive rattlesnake" but a very deadly rattlesnakes, comparable to cobras. For every ten to fifteen Diamondbacks, one Mohave is found. It is distinguished by its very green color

http://www.jqjacobs.net/southwest/rattlesnake.html