I related this once before, I think, on this forum. Several years ago, in June, I had a dream that I saw a big rattler in the yard of a house, but that he escaped. Really strange dream, for me. For the next day or so I had it on my mind constantly as I went here and there about the day, farming, and doing all related to such. Morning of the second day I went to a pivot south of my house, and the pivot point was grown up in Italian Ryegrass, and was very thick. I got out of my truck and remember thinking "This is a good place for a rattler to be". I had to walk through the ryegrass for a few feet and began to proceed slowly, moving the thick grass with one foot, stepping with the other. After two steps I moved the thick grass and uncovered a big canebrake rattler lying perpendicular to my line of travel, and in the perfect spot for my next footstep to come down in the middle of his body. I slowly backed out, got my .45 out of the truck, and shot it in the head.

If I had not had that dream I would not have had snakes on my mind so heavily that morning. I ordinarily did not look so hard as I walked through thick brush or grass. I know, with all my heart, that dream was a premonition. And, I'm very grateful for it.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.