Originally Posted By: King Brown
I respond solely because of your false accusations. You make a point of being vulgar and obnoxious. You rarely post without insults. No other member behaves as you do.

What my father believed and acted on in the service of community met the Church's requirements here, home of a significant social movement of which he was a principal participant.

As I said earlier, you have an issue with the Church, not what my father chose from gospels of inspiration, wisdom, myth and metaphor.

Wow King. If I didn't know better, I'd say you are losing your cool over this. I assume this reply was intended for me, even though it's obvious nobody else believes you either. This isn't the first time we've discussed this particular subject. I'll bet you wish you'd just stuck to the original topic of supporting confirmation of Justice Kavanaugh.

This really should have been quite easy for you. And one would think that, by now, some member of your vast fan club would have told us about some other rogue Catholic Diocese, Parish, or University that offered Baptism without belief in the Resurrection. Instead, we have guys citing Biblical Chapter and Verse to prove you wrong.

Or you yourself could've given us the name of an active practicing Catholic cleric who would support your insane and dishonest version of the events surrounding your father's Baptism, instead of a dead man... Msgr. Smyth... or Smith. If they're all dead, then how about the group of priests who you claimed told you in unison, "We don't believe in it either". That was only a couple years ago. Are they all dead too? Or, if St. Francis Xavier University really and truly was or is "home of a significant social movement of which he was a principal participant", then it should be relatively easy to prove that assertion.

Surely they must have something on their website or some literature or brochure touting their New Age Baptisms where belief in the Resurrection is optional. Surely there must be other priests there, or elsewhere, who would be happy to enlighten us about this revolutionary new idea that you claim made your father "... ahead of his time."

And instead of becoming combative and angry, you could have given us an answer to the very simple question I posed. If what you say was true, why would an intelligent man like your father seek adult conversion and Baptism to join a religion that was based upon the biggest lie in history? If he, being "ahead of his time," knew in his heart that Jesus was a phony, and that the clerics and his mentor were part of the scam, perpetuating this massive worldwide financial fraud scheme... why would he wish to join? I'd think that once he realized the Catholic Church was based upon a big fat lie based upon worship of a mere mortal, that he'd feel like the brainwashed cult members who fell under the spell of Rev. Jim Jones. Are you telling us that he would drink the Kool Aid too?

No King, I don't have an issue with the Church. Not the Catholics, or any other branch or offshoot of all of Christianity. I do have an issue with compulsive liars though. You and I both know there is not one true Christian sect that teaches or preaches that Jesus was not Resurrected, or that He was a mere mortal. But that won't stop you. If anything, you'll double down. No other member behaves as you do.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.