No, keith, lying is not natural to me nor do I imagine to any member of the board, including yourself. As for my father's experience at conversion to Catholicism, I can't make you understand that all religions have thousands of differences of opinions concerning dogma, doctrines and faith.

Our archbishop declared publicly last week the Church is not a monolithic body in agreement on all issues of faith. Forum members express what they believe. It may differ from what you and I believe. I accept all of it with equanimity. It's their faith, their belief, reality, truth. Who would say empirically they lie and err?

As for my alleged anti-gun rhetoric, I am currently doing all to my ability here to stop what appears to me as national surrendering of our gun rights to the antis. The response of our fraternity to a looming, another gun registry is anemic. I am organizing a provincial, collective protest of all gun clubs. I'd be pleased if old starfire is helping to move protest forward in the West.

Our gun club is discouraged from what it heard from national leaders. One of our biggest organizations of 30,000-membership got a turnout of some 30 for a critical meeting. Another appeared to be in disarray, according to our information. I heard one of our most active leaders say "They just keep coming at us" as a reason for throwing up his hands. Not a murmur of dissent.

Not good enough.