James, I've said many time I never voted Liberal in my life. I've voted Conservative and NDP and worked with Peter MacKay to lift the registry. In fact, the first time he appeared in an all-party meeting on gun control, I was asked to represent our county to drive the message home.

You'll recall my adversary in the biggest environmental issue of the 70s, forest spraying allegedly killing children, was Elizabeth May, the national Green leader who celebrated the non-compete with Dion decades later as a friend at dinner in my home. I can't remember voting Green.

Organizing is my day job. A vote for or petition to any party won't turn this around without help from the general public as last time with the long-gun registry.Our fraternity has effectively surrendered to Ottawa on new gun control measures. Does it seem odd that there's been no mention of it in this forum?

Neutered? The alleged anti-gunner is engaging the Nova Scotia community to stop it. Our national leaders have sent a few letters to Ottawa, for pete's sake, as if that will do it. Where have you been in this one, James? You read the papers. You know what the federal government intends for our shooting community.