I find Cabela's gun libraries to be a confused mess as a whole. Many items over priced and poorly evaluated. Like Remington 1894 A grade which was well worn and in beater shape priced at 1300 when it would have been hard pressed to bring 400 on a decent auction. Or the Ithaca made entry level .410 which was about a $1000 gun if perfect, which it was not, which was priced over $4000.

The sales racks can contain some interesting finds if you look at them. I have bought several rifles and shotguns there which were well below their value because I suspect they had no clue what they had for sale.

I bought a near mint Remington Model 12 .22 Remington Special pump rifle for almost nothing because they told me ammo for it is no longer made. .22 Remington Special ammo is also known as .22 Winchester Special ammo and is still made in limited runs from time to time. They also will tell you that any 16 gauge gun is almost worthless unless it is a Winchester Model 12 which they seem to think all of them are rare mint collectables.

They might know black and camo guns or pistols but when it comes to any double their knowledge could be written, double spaced on the inside of a match book cover.