You can't have it all, Geo. wink

OTOH, I had another good afternoon. Immediately after church this morning a friend asked what my afternoon plans were. "Queen" was standing there and I looked at her and asked her what my afternoon plans were. grin She smiled and said I didn't have any. He asked if I could shoot doves one mile from my house at 2:00, to which I immediately replied in the affirmative.

Decided to take the 32" LC Smith 16 ga. with full choke in both barrels. Turned out to be a good choice, as the guns were few and the birds were scattered out over a big area. I was on a corner with no guns at all on two sides. We went to work, and when the dust settled we had a limit. Little bit tougher shooting today, and such was reflected in the 15 for 22 ratio. The same RIO 1 oz. loads of 8s worked very well again today.

It was a sunny afternoon with a brisk, dry west wind, so it's back to work on the peanut combines tomorrow. Two great hunts made possible because of a little .70" rain. I guess there is a silver lining in every dark cloud. wink

Best, SRH

Last edited by Stan; 10/30/18 06:59 AM. Reason: correction

May God bless America and those who defend her.