Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Originally Posted By: craigd

Since you're fond of throwing around the word, is it hypocritical to sell some folks here that the recipients of your buddies votes are pro 2nd., let alone protect the Constitution?

Instead of giving job resumes, retirement status and hunting prowess, why not 'discuss' the results of the fruits of their vote?

Craig, the problem comes in pigeonholing people by their votes....

....What we say here won't protect the Constitution and won't make for more 2A friendly gun laws. So I'm proud to say I've walked the walk, not just talked the talk . . . to a bunch of other gun people.

I'd agree with cback, well said Larry.

Do you mind if I constructively expand on your thoughts? Personally, I have never pretended to have gotten some ideal policy or results from any candidate that I've ever voted for, but it's never been lost on me that I'm not a one issue or emotional voter. We can all come up with anecdotal examples, but the truth is, as I know it, that Democrats support party leadership, lockstep. Yes, I know there is an occasional opposing vote, but only after a Senator or Representative is released by leadership to position themselves for reelection.

I can't for a moment make any claim to understand local and state politics, but I do have a strong suspicion of where future national policy makers come from. I know there's always bickering, but generally pc gets the word out, then don't we see true colors when a little resistance shows up?