Billy filled in for Floyd today and we planned to leave house at 7 am. I had to cancel because Willa had developed pustules on her inner rear thighs. She had the same problem last year and they were infected which put her out of action. Vet prescribed an antibiotic regime and said she didn't have to ride the pines. She believed they were fire ant bites. Billy was able to come and we left at 9. We found 7 or 8 in tight spots that prevented shots on flushes. Birds were skittish and most of the flushes were un-pointed. Billy's predecessor to the Diana grade 20 ga. Superposed, a gun he inherited from his dad. My R10 20. Bird had a bad feather day.

Caleb, my favorite way is to vertically roast them with skin intact and olive oiled, salted and peppered. The vertical roaster is fashioned from a coat hanger. 500 degrees, in the oven or on a gas grill turned up high, preheated with lid down, cooked rare to medium rare. Note the cast iron semi-skillet which prevents broiling. I serve with sauteed chanterelles.