One more Pappy Van Winkle story....

Several years ago I kept checking this store to see if their Antique collection had came in....guy said check back.

So I kept checking and checking and checking....

My buddy heard it was out but impossible to get....I called the store back...."not yet"

I got a feeling....got in my truck and headed over there. Walked in the door asked the girl if she had any Pappy yet.
She cut her eyes over towards this fellow said ask him....So I did.

He informed me I could only get one bottle. All that was left was 10 year old...I believe it was $75 a bottle.

I noticed they had a few bottles left...I called my buddy he's coming.

One bottle in the truck.

I'm standing outside waiting on my buddy....this homeless looking guy approaches me

"I'm from Arkansas I've ran out of gas my mother is in the hospital dying and I'm trying to get there to see her before she dies I need 10 bucks for gas I'd sure appreciate it if you could help me out"

You have any ID buddy ?...he whips out this Arkansas driving license looks legit to me.
They want ID at liquor stores around here...no matter how old or ugly you is.

I pulled out a $100 dollar bill told him if you'll go in there and buy me a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle whiskey you can keep the change...he said what's the name again ?

At that instant my buddy drove up and walked passed us...I handed the guy the $100 bucks and told him follow that guy and buy the same thing he buys.

A short time later my buddy and the homeless guy walk out now I've got 3 bottles of Pappy.
Homeless guy remarks boy you drink some expensive whiskey...as he was leaving I told him I'd be happy to take him to get some gas for his car.

He replied I'm good....heading off into the sunset looking for his next crack rock.