Thanks, Dave. Still recovering from the loss of my good friend and shooting companion, Brad Bachelor. All of us in the shooting and gun collecting fraternity feel the loss of his passing.

He wasn't the only master gunsmith we knew, Jack Rowe will also be sorely missed, a master at his craft and a great gentleman as well- But I knew Brad for 30 years, when he first started as "house gunsmith" for Al & Bob's Sporting Goods, on Division Ave. in Grand Rapids. MI.

Back in 1980, when my late father moved to FL., I took the M21 12 bore he gave me to Brad to have a new recoil pad installed, adding 1/4" more to the LOP the gun had, for a slightly better fit- He did a flawless job, the pad grew out of the walnut, and yet today, after many hunting seasons and barn pigeons dropped behind it, still is the handwork of a master.

I wanted to post something about my late friend Brad in the new sectioned Dave opened up-- but I demurred, after sadly reading the comments about the late President, George HW Bush (41)--I was sad to see that sectioned visited by two gents who seemed to use it to get into a micturation derby- No good form, lads, not good form at all.

Have a nice Christmas Holiday Dave, you and your family. RWTF

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 12/23/18 10:04 AM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..