My family in the liquor business goes back into the mid 1800s when my great granddad and granddad owned "Cafes", better known as saloons, in Hazelton, PA and Mauch Chunk, PA. Granddad also entered the distributorship business, and continued on to ten years into Prohibition. I have 29 years in the wholesale and retail beer, wine, and liquor business, retired in 1998 and still invest on the retail level for my own pleasure. I have spent 29 years tasting anything I chose, and see no reason to spend the dollars necessary to procure any bourbon costing more than $12.00 for a 750 ML bottle unless I were going to resell it at a profit. I am on lists for limited purchase of Pappy's various varieties, but never take advantage. I have enough trouble selling expensive shotguns at a profit without worrying about reselling bourbon. Give me a break. It all tastes good and results in the same negative benefits in the morning. Personally, a good six ounce vodka martini made from Bowman's 80 proof and Martini and Rossi Dry in small quantities results in as good a drink at the cocktail hour. I pay $9.99 for a 1.75 of Bowman's and it lasts more than a week if I'm careful. Virginia Gentleman comes out of the Bowman's distillery and it's all the Bourbon I will ever need.