Dogs. Earlier this week I had the fire ant episode with Willa and a trip to the vet Monday. I spent 3 hours in the Emergency Vet office yesterday. The office is the only 24/7 vet office between Charleston and Brunswick and we are lucky to have it. Abby was limping around favoring her right front leg. I believe she injured her foot ratting or mousing in a lumber pile behind the house. Fortunately it was soft tissue. She'll be riding the pines until week's end. Good thing I have Willa. We'll be going out this a.m. Saturday night after coming in the from the woods, Abby ate a half pound of fudge. Chocolate can be dangerous for dogs; I gave her a tablespoon of Hydrogen Peroxide with some heavy cream and she launched a brick sized wad of dog food and chocolate within 15 minutes. Good to know that combo works on dogs as an emetic. Yesterday I was supposed to be at the dove field at 1 pm. Because I was at the vet's office until 115, I was scrambling to load up my truck with dove stool, shells, etc. (Story is getting to be a variation of "my dogs ate my homework".) I usually take time to make sure everything is packed. An hour and a half late, I drove up to the field, 30 minutes from home, went to grab my dove stool. It wasn't in the truck. It was sitting on the porch 30 minutes away. No one else I know shoots a 16 so I headed home hoping no one saw me drive up and leave. Billy called last night to see what happened as he saw me drive up and leave. I asked him what was a better excuse: 1) I crapped my pants or 2) I forgot my dove stool with ammo inside of it. He thought it was a tie, so I told him to pick one. I think he's still laughing. Abby's much better this morning but she is on injured reserve until later in the week. Weather looks rainy later this week so she'll get a good rest. Are Willa and Abby worth the trouble and expense? You betcha. Merry Christmas.

Last edited by GLS; 12/24/18 04:31 PM.