Thank you Jon and Paul. It is fun. I am still learning about the chokes that came with the gun, C,IC, M and F. The F is .034". That is a very, very tight constriction for a .410, but it shows promise on the pattern plate. Haven't tried it on doves yet. Have only used a combination of IC and M, which has worked admirably so far. A really good shot, which I am not, could get some fabulous results with that F choke tube, based on what I saw on the plate.

The trick for me with these tiny guns is the shooting style employed. I cannot shoot them the same way I do my long barreled 20s or 16s, especially not the 12s. With them I intercept the bird, track it very briefly, then hammer. With the .410s, and even some of my very lightweight 20s or 16s, I find that I must almost snap shoot the bird. Since I am wanting the dove to get closer for a .410 anyway I wait a bit longer, on an incomer, for the bird to get closer before I make my move. The old blues song says, "Never make your move too soon". I remind myself of that when shooting the .410s. When I do make my move to mount I fire almost as soon as the gun hits my shoulder pocket. No tracking, no sustained lead. It's almost an instinctive type of shot, and it works for me with the lil' guns. Trick is, I have to make myself do it that way. It's not natural for me, and by the time I've reverted to that shooting style again I've already racked up a bevy of misses.

Maybe time will help that. I know one thing .............I'm having the most fun shooting doves I've ever had in my life. Here's to a 75%, late season, .410 dove day.

Best, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.