Originally Posted By: King Brown
keith, it may not be poor taste or bad judgement in many cases. What to do when we lose interest in using and looking at them? I sold a mint circa 1800 Brown Bess about 25 years ago to a New England antique dealer for $US2200 and bought a 686. It seemed practical to me. Possessions are sometimes a burden. Declining interest may have a lot to do with reloading for our great, old American classics.

If you had sold a collectible 1969 Camaro when the muscle car market declined in order to finance the purchase of a Beretta 686, you might have taken a bath. Conversely, if you had sold the same 1969 Camaro when muscle cars were at their peak, you would have considered yourself an astute collector with good sense.

When we decide to acquire or collect material objects, there is always the risk that the tastes of the market will change for the better or worse. I think the ability to buy beautiful hand-finished labor intensive high quality shotguns at bargain basement prices is going to be a moment in history that many gun owners will regret not getting into. I've been wrong about other investments, but I could never enjoy shooting or hunting with a stock certificate.

Liberals like you may not wish to admit it, but the demand for high capacity semi-auto rifles and handguns is largely driven by the perception that they might become unattainable because of the efforts of anti-gun Democrats. Nancy Pelosi was promising new anti-gun laws before she was even sworn in as House Speaker. Kalifornia Liberal Left Democrat Rep. Eric Swalwell has introduced legislation to spend $15 BILLION to confiscate semi-auto rifles from law abiding U.S. citizens. He even hinted that the U.S. military could be used to enforce his semi-auto ban. Democrats refuse to spend $5 Billion to secure our southern border from a 40 year invasion by upwards of 30 million illegals, but he is willing to spend three times as much to violate our 2nd Amendment.

Democrat Threat to use U.S. Military to confiscate guns

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.