My two favorite styles of pocket knives are the 3-blade Stockman & the 2-blade Trapper. I have each of these styles in different sizes & also my different makers. Some may not be considered "Elitest" but have had good results with most, including Case, Schrade, Uncle Henry, Buck, Camillus & others.

I once had a 3-blade stockman by Schrade that had the prettiest Red bone handles I had about ever laid eyes on. When I got it the large blade had been about sharpened away but the others were all very good, hardly used. I made a new blade for it out of D-2 tool steel as I recall & it was one fine knife. One day at work I went to the tool crib to get an end mill & needed one which had been sharpened down to a particular size. When these were sharpened they were dipped in a plastic coating. I got this knife out to cut the plastic away from the flutes so I could mike across them & when I found the right size I went back to my machine but failed to pick up the knife. As soon as I got to the machine I realized I had left the knife & went back to get it, & was gone. I enquired all over the shop for it to the extent one co-worker told me if I would just Shut Up he would give me a knife. Told him that wasn't the point, I didn't want his knife I wanted the Low Life who Stole mine to Fess up & return it. It never appeared. That other gentleman did bring me a knife over & laid it on my toolbox. I tried to give it back but he would not take it. I knew him well enough to know he wasn't the Theif. This was a 2-blade Camillus trapper & is a good knife, it just didn't have those pretty bone handles.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra