I've had more than a handful of pocket knives over the years and there have been some coveted but never bought. The old Remington Bullet series is one such knife which has been around since 1920 in various models. Mr. Boyd, long since dead, was a local collector and had several. There are modern reproductions. Aside from the ones mentioned, Puma is another outstanding German knife. While a car in this state is entitled to an antique tag after 25 years; even though I've had my Gerbers for at least that long, they are hardly vintage or valuable from a monetary standard. Use value is another matter. My personal favorite is the little Gerber E-Z Out with a 2.25" blade, lock back, one-handed opener, stainless blade, and a 1" long serrated section. It has a belt clip which was put on by Gerber to insure loss and turnover sales. I've lost several over the years and resigned to keep them in the pocket rather than clipped to a belt. I carry mine hunting and fishing saltwater and fresh. No rust. The serrated section is invaluable for cutting cordage or even rope without dulling the front section. I don't know when serration first appeared on pocket knives, but it is a great innovation.
From June through October I keep this mushroom knife in the truck. My daughter bought it for me before she moved back from France almost 5 years ago. It's nothing fancy, not hollow ground, but it works for the purpose intended and it was the thought behind it that counts the most. Gil