New guns and new cars fail too. I've seen a number of brand new cars broke down along the highway that still have the sticker in the rear window. The hammer failed on my Colt Trooper mkIII .357 Mag before it had 200 rounds through it. Many defects rear their head when things are quite new, then the number of failures goes way down until the item nears or reaches end of life through age, wear, abuse, or planned obsolescence.

We see a lot more barrel failures with fluid steel because there are a lot more steel barrels still in use vs. Damascus. Neither type is immune to bursting due to stuck wads, mud dauber nests, reloading errors, etc. I've told the story about being totally blind for about a half hour after having a complete head separation on a .22-250 in a sporterized VZ24 Mauser action rifle. Shit happens. Wear shooting glasses and avoid mistakes and warning signs.

But where are these pictures and evidence already? It's not like someone had to drop off a roll of 35 mm film at the drugstore and wait for developing and prints.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.