AND, they are first class utilitarian as well. In the lake where we fish we are fortunate to have a breeding population of Tilapia. Regardless of how the fish are biting we can pick up enough tilapia for a meal(s) during cold weather, and they are much healthier for you than their farm raised cousins.

I cleaned 14 medium to large sized Tilapia and never touched the blade to a stone. I have done this twice and still not sharpened the knife. It is as sharp as it was when I got it. He does some kind of special heat treating on the stainless steel where he heats it between stainless steel foil and then quenches it in Aluminum blocks. Whatever it is, it works great.

Some years ago I was using my favorite filet knife and broke the sharp point off of it. It broke in that sort of "tanto" angle and I just kept using it. I found that I liked it much better than with a point and I stuck my off hand much less (not at all) with no point. I told my boys that If I got another knife, the first thing I was going to do was grind the point off of it.

When I asked Dave to make these for me I sent him a profile of the blade I wanted. He did it perfectly. They are four of a kind. The one at the bottom is his regular filet knife profile.

Alan

Last edited by A R McDaniel Jr; 02/09/19 09:15 PM.