Gil;
The cylinder above the funnel you asked about is the resizer. It is C'Bored on one end for the rim. I have not checked to see if it is tapered to full-length size or if it sizes more like a ring sizer, but suspect the later.

My very first reloading was done with brass 20 gauge hulls obtained from the old Alcan Co. They were the Fiocchi brand & took the 645B Berdan primer. Every tool I used was home-made except the powder/shot dipper & I wasn't even a machinist then. I ground down a small screwdriver to a curved shape with a point which I stuck into the primer dent & popped it out. Made my primer seater punch & wad rammer out of an old broom handle whittled down to go in the hull with the primer seater having a hole drilled in the center so it didn't mash the primer pocket. Used an old Flat/Sad iron turned upside down for the flat surface to seat the primer. Started with DuPont bulk smokeless powder which I could dip by the dram setting. I later procured some "Nike" powder, also from Alcan, which was easy to ignite & worked well with the Berdan primers. At that point, I had to buy a scale as it was a dense powder. The Nike was a crimson colored flake powder & as I recall was imported from Italy.

Speaking of Stout though nothing I have seen equals that old Herter model 72 for stout. As I recall it weighs around 25 lbs It came with a shot & powder measure which used a rotary drum with the cavities opposed to one another. Washers were attached in the bottoms of the cavity to adjust volume.
Could probably do a google search on that model & find pictures of it or maybe someday I'll pull mine out & take some.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra