Originally Posted By: Daryl Hallquist
Notice the loading block was made to accommodate pinfire shells. That was an interesting era for loading tools, as nothing had been standardized since leaving the muzzleloading era.

I was scratching my head and trying to figure out the function of the slot cut across the holes for the shell heads. I guess it would be tough to get a pinfire shell into the hole without that slot.

I love Miller's practice of keeping the shell upside down right until the moment of charging with powder to avoid double charges. As long as gravity keeps on working, it makes things pretty foolproof. As many years as I've been reloading and reading about it, I never heard that technique mentioned.

Damascus mentions buying his Bowman press at a "car boot sale". If that is anything like what we call Auto Parts Swap Meets, I have had a lot of luck finding reloading dies, equipment, and components at them. Often, these car guys have zero interest in the stuff, and sell it very cheap rather than take it back home and scrap it. I bought a nice 10 ga. roll crimper for a buck at the last one I attended. The guy told me I could have it for free if I could tell him what the hell it was. I gave him the dollar anyway, and we were both happy.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.