I'd like to finish this business about Revolvers and pistols because I spent an awful lot of time early on looking at Reilly hand-guns. In the end I could find no consistent way to identify them other than the age of the pistol itself. Even in the 1850's pistols were being engraved "Reilly, London"," E.M Reilly, London" etc.

Anyway he retailed a lot of revolvers of almost every type...including ones imported in parts from Belgium and assembled by Reilly in his buildings from really 1851 when Colt made such an impact at the Crystal Palace World's Fair up to the time the firm went belly up. (and some are extraordinary such as the gold washed Trantor-that did not come from Trantor like that). This may have been part of the reason late 20th century experts began to say he never built anything himself. Here are a few in collage form. I'll let you all identify what's what. (hint: Includes Colt, Smith&Wesson, Adams, Webley, Beaumont-Adams, Webley-Sykes, Tower Bulldog, Trantor...)

=======================================================================================
VAMPIRE KIT:
And by the way...here are a couple of neat 1835-47 (address is 316 Holborn on the guns) Reilly hammer pistols firing silver bullets. (Note how similar they are to the last SN'd Reilly above 1292). I think we may need this kit for this board:

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/02/11/19t...or-grabs-photos
A kit that includes everything from a matched set of pistols with silver bullets to wooden stakes and a mallet recently hit the market.
New Jersey-based International Military Antiques posted the one-of-a-kind Vampire Defense Kit this month on their site. Tied to Sir Philip Burne-Jones, an English painter who specialized in portraits that included one of Rudyard Kipling, the kit dates to about the 1890s when Burne-Jones was working on his painting, The Vampire, which came out the same year as the Gothic horror classic, Dracula by Irish author Bram Stoker. The painting later proved one of Burne-Jones’s best-known works.
Among the more interesting contents of the velvet-lined case are a set of apothecary bottles, wooden stakes along with a mallet to drive said stakes through the heart of a blood-sucker, an 1859 Bible, silver rosary, and a pair of .50-caliber percussion pocket pistols, marked “Reilly of London.”

Burne-Jones Painting:

That's it for hand-guns unless more serial numbered Reilly's come to light. If anyone wants to see derringers, pepper-boxes, Houdah's, Flobert's, I have saved dozens....won't help much with Reilly Chronology though.

Last edited by Argo44; 01/29/20 10:41 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch