Well, I didn't say I liked it or that it should be that way. But, it's a slippery slope when you start banning things and even slippery when any group can start dictating what a person(s) decide to do with their private property. Personally, I have no issue with exposed hammer guns, hammerless guns or any kind of guns that can be used to legally hunt with.

I also own private property and I have rules for hunting there. There are some that may think that those rules are unreasonable. I had a friend once who had free run of the place. He asked if he could bring a friend. I told him that the current hunting pressure was maxed out and further, I did not know his friend and had a responsibility to my family not to place them in a position of liability. He took his friend anyway. Then they were two friends together with no place to hunt. Oh well. Now, I wouldn't want someone who viewed that as unreasonable to tell me I had to allow it because they thought it was stupid. We didn't hunt turkeys. We had some turkeys, by accident. It was not a sustainable flock. There was no running water, no high grass for nesting and no real food source. Don't shoot the Turkeys. Unreasonable? Why, it's Turkey season isn't it? So, I got rid of the cattle... unreasonable? Of course it was to the cattleman. The grass grew and I started see little Turkey teepees, killed wild hogs and varmintry on sight, and started a regimen of purely artificial feeding until the brush and acorns could take up the slack. Now we have Turkeys. They're a nuisance, feathers everywhere, all kinds of racket every morning and evening. Unreasonable? Unfair? Not to me, not to the Turkeys.

So, some folks up in MN experienced a personal tragedy. In all the years i've hunted, we have never had any dead people leave the hunting camp (or stay there). (Knocking furiously on my wooden desk!). So, I can only imagine that circumstance. And they decide, for whatever reasons, purely their own, that they don't want exposed hammer guns on the place. Unreasonable? Yeah! It Is! To most everyone but them.

So, there's the whole rest of MN and whole rest of the United States to hunt on besides their 1000 acres..... I'm not real sure I see what the problem is?

According to some They should not decide what goes on their personal property. The prevailing wisdom of the group should decide. My God boys, that sounds more Liberal Left than banning a certain kind of gun from your own property.

I gotta listen to this cute little song now.

Alan