just finished shoveling 14" of snow at parents home in conn. handed out some lc calendars at elm city gun club east haven and Branford rod and gun. hopped over to Putnam county rod and gun ny and presented their calendar and shot some trap. no matter where I go, they know me and know that calendar is coming. makes for a good time because when the guys know im coming, they break out their 4/5/7e trap grade smiths to shoot. great stuff to see too.
to clarify for the on lookers, hoa still wins hoa prizes. 1st place is 1st place.
the shoot off at the 50yd line is by invite only. you must be hoa or 2nd place, win a turkey relay, hit a wild card dot on the turkey card, or be last place. last place is usually a 12 year old kid, a wife of a shooter, or a plain lousy shot! ive shot in proxy for some with double caterats. even shot for a man with a deformed arm who was shooting his pump one handed all day. yep...came in last place. he was glad to have me shoot for him. (and yes he won the trophy.) and not one person was upset. and ya know...ive never had anyone complain. never...to this day. its all in fun and fun it is.
we have 17 as of today. farthest is coming from colo springs and U-P Wisconsin.
I have 5 slots left on Friday 4pm field 1. if anyone makes a cameo appearance, make sure it Friday to get your skeet/trap scores in.
im swinging by va to pick up my wife....and headin' west. I got first cut to get ready for. gotta juice up the ford 4000. see ya in april.

Retired Military Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
https://606f79f3c2431.site123.me/