Thank you, Dennis- But remember, McQueen wasn't in the cheap hotel top floor room when the hit man came in with the cut-down M97-- His only view of this "alley sweeper" was when he was in the car chase scene- and got the Mustang variant he drove (he did all his own driving scenes in that movie)- and later recounting the incident to his Captain- mentioned "Winchester pump"- didn't really specify the M97- just Winchester pump-

You are right about the magazine in that Hollywood shotgun, all my 7 M12's ( I recently sold a 12 M97-only one I owned)-- you cannot dis-assemble the gun with rounds in the magazine- so my guess is, the Hollywood studio armorers must have modified that M97-- although they show the bad guy in the car scene thumbing two 3 hulls into the magazine, before peppering McQueen's windshield with OO buck.

I'm by no means a "gunsmith" as you are- and if I were younger, would love to take one of your 1 week courses in the summer. I was an armorer in the military (parts changer) but my main "trade" has always been welding, specializing in the TIG process. Do I understand correctly that you are versed in this process and use it in your profession?

Thanks again for your most insightful reply.. RWTF

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 03/22/19 08:37 AM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..