Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
CB, you don't seem to read very well. I give Nixon credit for his environmental legislation. Yes, he didn't get out fast enough. The two previous administrations were handicapped by the domino theory. They were wrong. Kissinger had the sense to see through that, but he let Nixon delay a peace plan until he was reelected. Countless people died for that. Giving money to people who haven't earned it is the battle cry of conservatism. It translates into," I've got mine; if you don't, that's just TS. Never mind the injunction about my brother's keeper. The current economy is good to some people. Whether or not they deserve it is open to question. Those whom it abandons aren't automatically to blame.

So Kennedy and particularly Johnson get a pass but poor old Tricky Dickie just gets crapped on despite actually achieving the desired result, rather than making things worse.

I read just fine. however when I read you, I'm overwhelmed by in-credulousness. Your biases, in the face of irrefutable evidence, are stunning.

And as far as my brother's keeper goes....dig into the statistics. Across North America, the jurisdictions that give the most to charity are dominated by conservatives. It's not that we don't believe in giving a helping hand....we just don't think that giving should be dominated by a government who got it's money by extortion.

You actually don't know much. At the start of this exchange I opined your comments were like a parody of Dems in action. Sadly it's no longer parody. You are living it. And dragging your country down with you and yet you can't see what you are doing.

Last edited by canvasback; 03/30/19 05:49 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia