Turkey hunting buddy Billy has a business connection with a European company, Yadloof & Lirpasti LTD, dba Y&L Timberlands (Y&L), which is the largest foreign consortium controlling timberland in Georgia. We were given access to an 8500 acre Y&L tract along the Savannah River, loaded with turkeys, this past Saturday. In an effort to ameliorate the often bitter and contentious discussion of turkey ammo-TSS vs. lead-what better readily available substance than a load consisting of granulated sugar be utilized to sweeten and add to the controversy? Using 5/8 oz. (pellet count in the thousands) which was the most I could cram into the VP92 wad and a Fiocchi 3" 20 ga. hull. Even with what I would consider to be ballistic grade Dixie Crystals Sugar (locally refined cane sugar) with a muzzle velocity of 1700 fps, I knew it would take a close-in shot to be effective. Another downside is that neither Permethrin nor Deet can deter the ants once they discover what's in your pocket. Here's the results from Saturday. My experiment with the sugar shot was successful. Lowcountry swamp bird, 20 steps. Gun is my Baikal MP18 20 gauge. Considering that a 4 pound bag of Dixie Crystals Sugar (Imperial Sugar) at Walmart is $3.37, this beats the cost of lead shot and obviously TSS by a wide margin. Currently not legal in any states but sometimes I can't help myself.