LGF

I notice from your address line that you live in Kenya.
As an old expat, having lived in Kenya in the 1970's, let me give you an answer with some of my thoughts:

I agree with your first sentence in its entirety. But then you went fully offline.
I take it from your first remark that you are scientist?
Well, I am not a scientist, but let me give you a personal statistic

I am 73 years of age and have smoked since the age of 14 - 40 cigs a day by the age of 18, 100 a day for most of my life - about 50-60 a day nowadays.
None of my children, ex-wifes (although that is a different story & would mostly have been agreeable) - dogs or anyone I have ever been in contact with has died an early death because of my - or anyone elses - smoking.
My parents (and all of my family - as well as everyone we knew) smoked all of their lives - I'm sure my mother smoked in the Hospital when I was born! - and both died at the ripe old age of 81.

I have also during most of my life lived 'dangerously' (as some would call it now) - apart from smoking (which was always a 'normal' activity)- hunting dangerous animals in Afrika on foot, sailing single handed halfway around the world & a few other such endeavours.

I am a great believer in people making their own life (only do it! - don't look to other people to do it for you!)

Also, I do not remember people in the 60's/70's , when everybody smoked everywhere, that people fell over dead in the, then, very smoky nightclubs, pubs or restaurants that I frequented.

The same goes for 'lead' in my opinion - rather look at the chemical & other industries for that.

These industries produce so much 'poisenous' byproducts (because so many people need so much of their products) - if there were 50% of the existing population, half or less of that would be needed and less damage would be done.

So much for 'science having been solid for 50 years' - relating to smoking, 'lead' or otherwise.

As I said before - the only 'solid' science is that there are too many people on this planet & any and every problem we have stems from that fact!

In case you want to check on my credentials, I give my full name here

Gunter H. Maskort
(Kenya Centre Fire Pistol Champion (ISU) 1975)
Kenya Regiment Rifle Club 1975
Kenya Rifle Association 1975 (Brian 'Hawkeye' Hawkins)
Bamburi Rifle Club Mombasa 1974 (Founder Member)
British Pistol Club Life 1974
Nat'l Pistol Assn of Great Britain 1979 (Founder Member)
NRA (USA) Life 1974

Edit: LGF - re-reading your post I am not sure whether I read you correctly? I'm afraid your writing is a bit confusing!
Are you now for or against junk science? I am confused...

Edit again - after rereading your post again very carefully I can only conclude that this is the ususal obfuscation of pseudo-scientists! - make it look so that either side can use it for their arguments (unless one reads very carefully!)

Last edited by Gunter; 04/19/19 01:57 PM.