I have a Bernardelli Italia Extra hammer gun on which the tip of the hammer spur has broken off. It's engraved and pierced and according to two very well known and reputable gunsmiths to whom I've sent the gun for repair, it's not repairable and the tip of the other spur is likely to similarly depart if I continue shooting the gun.

Having a hammer made from scratch is cost prohibitive for a gun of this level of value. The quote I got to file up a pair is about 3/4 of what I have in the gun.

I was wondering if there is someone out there who makes "replacement" hammers that come without the hole for the pin and could be fitted to the gun. I'd prefer ones that are largely shaped and finished, but would consider those requiring some finish work. I definitely do not want to duplicate the existing engraving pattern, but would want the spurs properly checkered for a better grip with the thumb when cocking.

So, is there a source for such things? And if so, what measurements do I need to take to ensure I get a proper replacement set? And finally, what would be a reasonable estimate of the cost to fit them to the gun?

Thanks.

Rem