Craig, I really appreciate your best wishes and I share your hope that one day, in Canada, I have some flexibility with how I can use a handgun.

In the meantime, paper targets are just fine. I'd like to get at home with a hand gun as I am with my shotguns. Now, the shotguns had a 50 year head start, so I have some range time to put in.

King, I think, and I've been seeing it for 10 years, that there are a lot of young people who have and still are discovering how fun shooting can be, in a variety of disciplines other than hunting. It's given rise to the popularity of "black" guns.

The problem is there are a lot of Canadian gun owners who are quite prepared to look at guns that aren't blued steel and walnut hunting guns and say "No one needs one of those.....go ahead and prohibit them or make them restricted".

It's short sighted and stupid. The NRA raises over $300 million annually for the defense of the 2cd and the promotion of shooting sports. Given the comparative size of our economy and level of wealth, we should be raising $25 million. Our disparate and "at war with each other" guns orgs aren't raising a fifth of that.

Part of me wants to just say F*** it and move to the US. But I'm stubborn, plus, my view is the correct one. I just haven't sold it well enough to the right number of people. So I keep at it.

Firearm laws are the canary in the coal mine when it comes to a nation's rights and freedoms. It's a battle worth fighting. Many in the past have already died for it.

Last edited by canvasback; 04/29/19 05:17 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia