Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Originally Posted By: Stan

I only was around Billy about three times. He was always very gracious to me, inviting me on dove and quail hunts. I consider someone who treats me with such generosity my friend. Close friends? ..... nah.

Guess a feller better have a good half dozen wild quail coveys on his property if he ever decides to boot your wife’s little dog between the hydrangeas.

If my little house dog goes outside without a collar on him it's my fault. People don't think they should have to put collars, which are an indicator of ownership and care, on cats. They turn them out, allow them to roam the countryside and kill every quail and songbird they can. Just to kill, not because they're hungry.

If see a cat prowling a hedgerow or grown up fence row on my property without a collar, it's a dead cat. When I ran cattle I'd kill packs of stray dogs in the pastures the same way. No collar = feral/stray. Game departments here agree with me on that .................. but then, this ain't your stomping' ground, hockey man.

SRH

Ive done likewise, when the situation was obvious. Killing a sure enough pet is far different.