Maybe not to you, but Jim Harrison, late writer from MI--is a name I know. Once he got famous and wealthy- he hunted grouse and woodcock here in MI with a Purdey- Also, in his novella "Legends of the Fall" he describes bird hunting in MT with English Setters and a Purdey gun-- Don't know if he ever shot a Crown Grade Smith--

IMO-- 2 MI "native sons" had a mind and ear for the heartbeat of America- Jim Harrison, and Bob Seger-- When Jim was in Hollywood, trying to get established, and before he sold the movie rights to "Legends"-- he asked friend Jack Nicholson if he could borrow $15K--Jack came through- and as soon as Jim got the royalty check, he went to the bank and obtained a Cashier's Check for the amount plus interest, and hand delivered it to Jack- who later remarked- "Jim is the only up and coming writer who ever repaid me for a loan- He stands tall with me"_-

FWIW- a while ago, I sold a 12 3E Smith to a friend on this forum- it had been sent back to Fulton for the 2nd. set of barrels- 32" F&F- ventilated rib-- F&F chokes- Not crack one in the stock or forearm- my guess- it had not been shot very much at all-- 95% condition-- HOT and ejectors 100% in timing and function.

As I am NOT a live bird competitor, the lack of a top tang safety might be a bit of a drawback in possible purchase of this fine optioned "Elsie"-- Also, I wasn't aware that Dewey Vicknair would work on Smiths-- RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..