Thanks again for going with me. It's never a dull moment! As mentioned it was a beautiful morning all the way around. I dropped Geo off, hid the truck and walked for what seemed like a mile. I set up in the grey light and hunkered down. The bullfrogs and swamp birds started singing behind me. I called once on a slate and once on a glass pot call since I had put out two hen decoys. At 630am I see a big red head pop up at 25 yards where he had apparently just landed. He walked in beard swinging. The big tom slowed down, mounted one of my decoys and had his way with her. He had that look in his eye that all was right in the world when he finally lifted his head back up. I swear he smiled. That's when I dropped him with a very fine old fox I received from this very group. I was absolutely tickled! Not wanting to mess Geo's morning up so early I hung around in the woods watching the wild quail wake up and then I hiked my so called mile back 20lbs heavier. I napped until it was time to meet up again.
Thank you again for going with me.