I've given Gatorade to old dogs when hunting them. Reduced 50:50 with water. It is high in sugar and sodium and old dogs may have a little kidney problem it they drink too much Gatorade. Had one old pointer who hated orange flavor but would lap up any other flavor. Maybe his mother made him drink orange juice as a puppy.

Not a tip as much as an observation from hunting a lot off the Chesapeake Bay as a boy. No matter which direction the wind is blowing as you are setting up in the dark it will shift almost always by up to 90 degrees after sunup. Best thing to do is quickly adjust your spread because ducks just hate flying over decoys to get into you landing spot. Geese even more. So I always set up one leg of the spread which could be picked up and reset in just a couple minutes.

I kept a log about every day spent hunting ducks for 20 plus years, Wind, temperature, wind changes, birds seen, which direction they came from. Where I was and who I was with. Total bag taken, types of birds, number of decoys used and even what type of decoy spread I used. Even noted the number of time I was checked by the rabbit cops. Log books do help you figure out what works or in some cases shows you that what use to be a great spot has ceased to be much of a spot at all. I've got several of those type spots. The number of ducks our marsh holds is down 2/3 from what it held just 20 years ago. Nothing a bit of early cold weather and 25 bushels of Pioneer could not fix.