Thanks All!

Kyrie,

I appreciate the comments regarding 'don't sweat the # of pins'. I prefer function over fashion- normally. This is my one 'fashion' choice, but I am still glad it works so well.

I am relatively new to all of this, and- like all who have come before, looking for understanding.

The ones you've identified are clearly visible from the outside, and I believe they match up to the ones I labeled #1, 6, 2, and 4.

I had been told that the primary difference between a pin and a screw, and defining what counts as a pin, was whether it holds something or is just a pivot/retaining pin. Is this somewhat accurate?

If so, wouldn't the ones I numbered 1, 2, 3 and 4 be the 'pins'? I ask as the fact that they have screw slots on them indicates to me that they are screwed on to hold something down.

#3 seems to be a pivot pin for the sears, but it also is screwed down to hold them in place.

However, I don't know what it really does. Could it be screwing the intercepting sear to the regular sear? And, if so, which # is the pivot pin for the sears? #6?

#s 5, 6 and 7 all look like pivot pins to me, but that is because I don't know what they do.

Thanks again!

Classic 'field' SxS's are what draw me in- that way I can have more than one!