I don't know Harford, buzz. But, occasionally I still see a really serious Browning shooter. They have a strong belief in their guns. What I mean is, they believe they can shoot their Brownings better than another brand. Belief in your gun, at the competitive level, is important. That's exactly the reason the men I mentioned are still shooting theirs. They accept that they will spend more money on maintenance than with brand X, Y or Z, but they feel it's worth it to shoot their best. Our beliefs are not always grounded in fact, but that doesn't lessen the importance of them when competing. I have no beef with that mindset. Confidence in your gun is huge when competing.

I don't belittle or look down on anybody for the brand of gun they shoot. Truth is, I admire someone who "goes against the grain" and bests the field with a gun that may not be "accepted". I have a good friend who once beat me in a shootoff for HOA in 20 ga. at a major sporting event. He shoots nothing but 870 pumps. When he beat me I shook his hand and told him there was not another person on the grounds that I'd rather have been beaten by. And I was shooting a Beretta 687 SPII Sporting.

Best, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.