Originally Posted By: FlyChamps
Originally Posted By: Chuck H
Jani,
Thank you. I'll try to make time to visit them.

Chuck, Le Invalides is a French military museum - well worth visiting - but not a gun shop by any means. Napoleon is buried in the chapel on site.

There are very few gun stores in Paris. After buying an Opinel knife to cut bread, cheese and salami in the Courty & Fils shop https://couteaux-courty.com/en/ my wife pointed out to me the window displaying several shotguns, rifles and handguns - I didn't see the firearms in the knife shop because it is housed behind a closed door and not visible within the knife shop. Most of the shotguns were O/U or semi-auto and of no interest to me. Beretta also has a gallery in Paris but, again, of no interest to me even though I own several.

Go to London if you want to see nice SxS's at Purdey's and H&H.

Understood about the Le Invalides being a museum as it was on our optional list of places to visit if we have time and I read a bit about it.

Thanks for sharing your experience about your similar quest for some gun brousing. I will likely just knuckle under to our group's desire to see the traditional attractions and eat pastries. I may need a gun toting vacation afterward.

Last edited by Chuck H; 06/30/19 10:57 PM.