Originally Posted By: Carpetsahib
Is this the Harry Snyder that founded In-N-Out-Burger?

Hello Carpetsahib
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure if its the same guy. This Harry Snyder was one of the founders of Hoffman Arms.

Originally Posted By: halger
( Ball ) Blindee = French for jacketed bullet.
I have seen 2 .280 Halger rifles . They had the identical pistolgrip cap and magnum actions , Greener safety. One the same springtype cheekpiece.
The .280 Halger in Germany also designated 7x66.
The barell marking here shows different typos the 7x and the 64 make no real sense.
May have been 7x66 before rebored /rechamberd to .300 H&H in Belgium.
The .280 Halger case is nearly identical to the .280 Ross/Eley.
It deserved a magazinebox length of 96mm.
Halger rifles were made- among others -from Otto Geiger.

Hello halger,
Thanks for the reply.

I'd like to see some pictures of a Halger rifle.

The 7x64 is not a typo ... that was the original caliber that this gun was intended to be, a 7x64 Breneke.

According to another source in Germany;

".... As the Belgian proofmarks show, the conversion to .300 H&H was done by or for Mahillon. The .30H caliber designation is part of the Belgian, Liege, proofmarks: B(alle) BLINDEE = jacketed bullet, PV = smokeless powder, crown/R = rifled barrel, star or crown/E(?) = inspector's mark, ELG = Liege proofhouse acceptance. I think the stock was made by Hoffmann Arms, reusing the German hardware, as the stock shape is neither German nor Belgian.
Poldi Anticorro was a high grade (read: expensive) rust resistant barrel steel by the Poldi steelworks in Kladno, Bohemia. .... IMHO the rifle was originally made by Berhard Merkel as a 7x64 during the interwar years, soon converted by Mahillon and restocked by Hoffmann Arms in the 1930s. As such German barrels usually had an integral full length rib with a rear sight, the rib was likely milled down to the quarter rib shape by Hoffmann (Mr.Howe?), removing the rear sight dovetail. ..."