Look up Bob "Cookie' Krumm at Ft. Smith. I did several "cast and blast" trips with him back in the late 1980's-- The Bighorn had just been opened up to "White Man's sporting trips" and the area Indians, drunk and unemployed, resented all that $ coming in and they not getting any of it-

In Oct 1986- while floating the river for the ducks and pheasants on the many small islands (they pheasants flew over from the private ranch holdings and sought refuge on the islands. We saw many Indians up on the high ridges, watching us-- As we carried 12 gauge shotguns, we did not carry sidearms- either open carry or concealed. In July 1990 Mae and I took our daughters out West, and visited Yellowstone National Park- no problems, great fly fishing, and I felt no need to carry a sidearm.

Fast forward to today's world-- drugs, piss-headed drop outs looking to rip the honest world off- I would be carrying my Kimber Para-Carry .45 3.5" arrel "locked, cocked and ready to rock"-- Yellowstone has more dangers that bears and bisons- wander off the well traveled paths at your own risk- RWTF

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 07/02/19 07:59 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..