Originally Posted By: [censored]
Only in California....

I've avoided the designer dog foods created for yuppies.

I had a buddy that raised racing greyhounds he fed Purina and red meat.
I figure if Purina is good enough for greyhounds it's good enough for a dog I own.

The dog came to me with a digestive issue. He was on ProPlan Sport and deteriorated last season to where he wouldn't eat and had the runs and was headed downhill fast. I consulted with some of the best vets in the country. I would have consulted with you jOe, if it would have helped the dog from suffering. Over the course of several months and a few of the top vets that didn't get far and numerous foods, I landed with a nutritionist vet that put him on some special probiotics made for people with IBS. She also put him on a Purina Veterinary food that happened to contain some of these ingredients. She stated at the time that the food was unlikely an issue but rather the dog's immune system was deficient and that we'd just put him on that particular food "just in case" and would ween him once he stabilized. Well he's stabilized now. The special probiotics (not just common stuff we were using) turned him around and surely saved his life. It may be time to move him back to ProPlan Sport. But if you're a qualified expert in veterinary nutrition, with your respected reputation here on so many other areas of expertise, I'm open to your qualified counsel on this area, as I'm sure are many others on the world wide web.

Last edited by Chuck H; 07/03/19 05:36 PM.