No E-Bay for me. Nothing but bad experiences in my "log-book"--I'll go there to see what's out there, but no "Buy and Sell"- will try to get a e-mail address for this Mike Kalafut in PA-- see if he is a serious buyer.

Years ago, when the "Hopalong Shapiro" of tackle dealing, Martin J. Keane "ruled the roost"- I dealt exclusively with Bill Hunter from NH. Bill was the "go-to" guy on Stan and Steve Bogdan's "Rolex reels", also a few Captain Mac salt water fly reels- Fin-Nor "wedding cakes" not so much. I fished with Bill in July 1990 out in Yellowstone, and we pulled off a great spoof on the late Ernie Schweibert on night on the Firehole River--

I favored the Merrick-Stoner R.L. Winstons for my split cane rods, also the Granger and Phillipson- all Western made fly rods- and the R.L. Winston Green graphite 2 and 3 pc. fly rofd- My only Fiberglas fly rods were Shakespeare and Heddon- All in the past now, but the albums I have with great fotos in those halycon pre-9/11 years- timeless. RWTF PS-found auction site for this dude mentined in recent F&S "vintage article" Junque store antiques, not my venue to sell or trade older fishing tackle. The dude that wrote that article in F&S is full of scheise- RWTF

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 07/11/19 05:38 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..