Thanks Harry. The SN is 7869...not 7863. I've dated this SN as very late 1855 - see chart above.

Now here's the question. There definitely is a bore stamp on the barrels. This would seem to confirm the 1855 date when bore stamps were required and would definitely be another "proof of method" for the date chronology. But....what if Reilly were stamping bore sizes forever?

Terry is having a hard time wrestling the barrel off his 1x73 6 bore. If any other Reilly owners with pre 1855 guns can look at the proof marks, it'll tell us if Reilly were one of the makers stamping his guns' bore size before the government mandated it. (Since the auction houses were advertising bore size for the above listed pre 1855 Reilly's, I would be inclined to believe Reilly stamped these before the law required it...but would like to see pictures... I pretty much don't trust what the auction houses advertise without pics - I've seen them butcher serial numbers, names and address on ribs).

I'm going to e-mail the owner of 5512 outlier, the gun advertised on guns international posted above which is clearly 1847-48 and ask for photos of his barrel proof marks. (edit: You Reilly guys need to take a look at that gun!!)

Last edited by Argo44; 07/16/19 10:57 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch