Interesting you should bring this topic up. I've recently been shooting Remington .22 Hornet ammo in two rifles and have gotten multiple split case mouths in both on firing the factory ammo. The first reloads had cases separating upon firing in both rifles. They were, to put it graciously, a huge disappointment. I've long avoided the lower grade Remington .22s because I could always count on between 1 and 5 out of a box of 50 failing to fire the first time and some no matter how many times I moved the case rim and reshot it. I still shoot a lot of Remington shotgun hulls with my own reloads, but haven't bought a new box of Remington shotshell ammo in years. And I've heard a lot of complaints about Remington rifles, including one today from a guy who ordered a higher grade short action Model 700 on which to do a custom rifle build in .223. The box arrived correctly marked, but with a .308 bolt face. And his dealer, who had ordered half a dozen of these, found all of them were the same. Remington corrected the problem, but how pissed off would you be as that dealer? And how many other dealers had the same problem?

Being acquired by a venture capital firm is not good for quality control.