OK- good question. I run a bronze brush from breech to muzzle on both barrels- then swab with Hoppe's No. 9-- then spray Rem Oil into the breech area, re-assemble, and store in the Browning steel tomb (humidity heat lamp) muzzles down--

Years ago, I recall some skeet shooters using Belgian made Browning O/U's and shooting AA reloads had this "situation" even after cleaning. As I only shoot factory new shells, the issue of "sperical powders" being a culprit may not be pertinent. It is not a big problem, and I enjoy the cleaning process in my gun room/workshop-- just curious, and yes, this is a summertime issue.

By the way, Stan- I enjoyed your observations about the up-coming GA dove season. Yesterday, with the Ithaca 2E and three feedlot farms, I "cut the shitty-birds" a dusty- but boy, howdy- there were tons of doves flying around in the wind- they love the pulverized corn and silage piled all over the feed troughs- so do the raccoons, I nailed 2 of those "banditoes"- with AA target loads- at about 25 feet- And for other farm folks as well as you, I pick up all my empties, and I pitchforked the dead 'coons into a manure spreader-- Damn, wish MI had a legal dove season, I swing through them as they roar by like jet fighters, but that's as far as I can take it--I can sure see why you Southern gents love dove hunting, what a great game bird- but here in MI, I'll have to settle for barn pigeons--

On another note-- My 12 gauge Smiths all have 2 triggers, as does the Ithaca, and the 20 Fox "Sterly"-- Being a confirmed varmint and pistol shot, I am concerned about the trigger pulls on my guns, and I have to say- of the afore-mentioned scatterguns, the 12 Ithaca NID 2E has the best consistent triggers pulls, hands down. Wonder why there is no Ithaca Gun Collectors website?

Hope your coming dove season is all that you expect-- weather and local and then later migratory birds can be a factor, that's for sure. Heck, some of those doves that buzzed me yesterday may well migrate down to your area come Nov.. Give 'em a barrel or 2 for me. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..